We are an active Scout Troop, with weekly Troop meetings and monthly outings, focusing on hiking and backpacking. Recent outings include:
- Congrats to our latest Eagle Scouts, Joey Alfred, Chris Barnett, Derek Brewer, Collin Chamberlain, Ethan Locklin, and Cameron Tenn!
- Backpacking to Upper Reyes Creek (click here for an amusing video)
- Rocket Launching at El Mirage Dry Lake
- Snowboarding in winter
- Annual Yosemite winter backpacking
- Summer Scout Camp
- Long-term backpacking in Summer
- Family beach camping
What's new on the site:
If you are interested in visiting, or joining our Troop please
contact Paul Witman, 805-493-3562 or witman(at sign)ieee.org
- Photos from the Matilija Campout are here.
- The latest newsletter is here.
- A new page with a signup form to make things easier for the Trek Leader.
- New photos from the mid-December hike led by James-Edward.
- Calendar updates
- Information about the GE/Ronald Reagan Scholarship
Also, check out our sister Venture Crew, Crew 9642, via Steve and Ilene Freeman, 805-529-2069. The Venture Crew is open to young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years old.
1. Map & Compass
2. Matches & lighter
3. Tarp/temp shelter
4. Whistle/signal mirror
5. Food & Water
6. Extra Clothing/sunglasses/cap
7. Headlamp or flashlight
8. Fire Starter
9. First Aid Kit/sunscreen
10. Knife or Leatherman